Your linen cupboard may look wonderful with all those neatly folded sheets. However if it’s anything like mine, the fitted sheets have been squished into something resembling a rectangle and hidden behind the others.
Google will reveal a myriad of remedies and while your Your Home correspondent tried valiantly to keep up with Martha Stewart and others who somehow folded them standing up, this is the method that worked the best:
- You’ll need either a bed or space on the floor.
- Lay the sheet down in front of you with the elastic facing up and with the short side directly in front of you.
- Take two bottom corners, turn them inside out, and tuck them into the top corner pockets, aligning the seams.
- Straighten out the edges and you should have something close to a rectangle.
- Fold from left to right, ensuring the elastics bits are now hidden inside the fold. and fold again.
- Place into the linen cupboard and admire.